Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Yo Gabba Gabba Generation


I remember the first morning my husband walked in the room and Addison and I were fixated on the TV. He came over to see what we were watching so intently. He said, "you guys aren’t really watching this; are you? What the hell is it?" I remember thinking the same thing as I stare intently at the TV.

I had just stumbled on the show. Addison was nine months at the time. She loved it. From that moment Gabba became a favorite. In fact, it was the only show that would keep her attention for the full half hour. So Yo Gabba Gabba became my favorite.



While at Target one day we discovered the Gabba Friend plushies. She was in love. We had to collect them all. Including their larger speaking counter parts. Then the silly balls. The boom box learning laptop. The books and DVD’s. The Plex train and Plex car with all the friends to travel along. Now that she is potty trained; the undies- which are so stinkin’ cute on her- just love them.


Never did I imagine that she would be hooked.

Yo Gabba has been a part of your daily schedule. Seriously, outings are scheduled around the show. We look forward to new episodes and dancey dance time (we includes mommy). Now Jackson is hooked. He has been watching since five days old. When I need a mommy moment, to make dinner or run the trash out, I know if Yo Gabba Gabba is on they will be entertained for the half hour.



Because my daughter is so in love with Yo Gabba it seemed appropriate to plan a Gabba themed party for her third birthday and the gifts to go along. They have some pretty awesome toys. Gabba LIVE here we come! And Foofa bounce-on; well I am just going to be the best mommy ever… beat that Santa Claus!



I stumbled across the ultimate fan-site call Gabba Friends; www.gabbafriends.com

There are so many amazing ideas. If your children are into it as much as mine, you should have a look at the site.

Repeat after me: Yo Gabba Gabba Yo!

5 comments:

tawna6988 said...

I have to admit that the show kills me to watch but my 4 year old loves it. I try but I just can't like it. However, she gets to watch it and says to me "Mom you have to learn to like it." Oh how a 4 year old thinks!

Adriana said...

I know what you mean, I personally don't understand the fascination, but as soon as the show comes on JD gets super excited, smiles and says "Mam gabbagabba", like you have to watch this mom, it's so cool.LOL

nvrnvr said...

My little girl loves them too! I think theres some sort of subliminal message going on in the background trying to brainwash our kids! LOL!

Fields said...

We're huge fans as well and have everything from plushes to panties with the characters on them. We are going to the live show in November!!!

Anonymous said...

My kiddos love it as well!!! We watch it ALL the time, that, Cailou, and the Wonder Pets. But they love Gabba the best. We are taking them to see it live when they come here to Utah in November, pretty sure they are going to be SO excited. Is is sad that even I am? Mostly to see how much fun they are going to have!