Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Online Weight Loss Challenge

I was recently sent an invitation to an online weight loss challenge. The challenge begins tomorrow and will last for six weeks! I decided to participate for a number of reasons…

1. I am hoping the motivation of 87 other participants will keep me motivated.

2. The fact that I am reporting my measurements each week will keep me honest and on track.

3. I can no longer make excuses… Like I am too busy with the kids during the day to find time to exercise and eat right. After all, most of the other participants are moms like me and probably have heard all of my sorry excuses before (or even have used them)!

4. I am finally excited about losing the extra “baby weight” I have been carrying around for the past 2 ½ years.

5. I have always struggled with my weight and I am hoping this challenge gets me on the right tract.

My husband will be doing the challenge along with me. It is great to have the encouragement and support at home. We will take our measurements tonight (only mine will be submitted). I am actually horrified to see what they are…

Each week I will be reporting my success that way I continue on the right track and hopefully meet my goal of losing 20 pounds at the end of the six weeks. I am excited to see my progress…

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your challenge! Thanks for the follow from Bloggy Moms. I'm your newest follower!
Julie from Bunches of Bargains

Rosilind Jukic said...

Hey - I will join you! I haven't been carrying around extra pregnancy weight (I actually weigh slightly less than before pregnancy), but I've been wanting to take off some extra pounds I gained since I got married. :) I, too, need some accountability in that area. I think my "commitment" to exercise has become an ongoing joke in our house. LOL!!! Actually "lol" should be "tss" (that's so sad)!

Rosilind Jukic said...

So - how have you been doing with this? I am not doing so hot - I have to admit. :(

mommysankey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommysankey said...

am not doing great at all- I have a number of excuses- I went out of town two weekends and family in town...I have changed my diet (including more wheat and whole grains) and my mom and I are going to start walking together with the kids three days a week. I am not a runner for the challenge but I am commited to changing my lifestyle. Good Luck to you and thanks for checking in.