Each day I wake up with a number of goals.
1. I will have more patience with my children, especially Addison.
2. I will make it through the day without screaming so loud the entire condo building can hear me (and probably the surrounding houses).
3. I will enjoy our afternoon walk with the dogs rather than yanking them around and getting pissed off at them or the kids.
4. I will not call my husband 50 times, while he is at work, bitching about the spiders.
5. I vow to use words like bitching (and the not so mild words that are part of my vocabulary) less.
6. I will not freak out that the kids have torn apart the nursery- instead I will let them do it and have fun in the process.
7. I will eat a healthy and nutritious meal and maybe exercise a little.
8. I will finish what I am writing for my blog and actually like what I wrote.
One day all of the above will happen; it is just a matter of when that day will be.
I sit down at my lap top and write down my thoughts. I piece everything together and really get moving when all of a sudden they decide naptime is over. I have to stop and entertain two children. Or I have to stop to change a poopie diaper. Help a toddler go potty. Make a bottle. Make lunch or a snack. Take the dogs outside.
My only hope is that when I come back to my computer and open my practically written document I can remember where I was going or what my actual thoughts were.Sometimes it works. Most of the time not.
I have a number of titled and half completed writings on my computer; lovingly started, haphazardly completed. They sit waiting for that moment that I can return to them and finish.
This has happened so frequently that I decided to start writing things down as they come to me. Unfortunately the only tools around the house for me to do this with are colored on sheets of paper, receipts, and crayons.
I write in a flurry as not to leave anything out. All too often that piece of paper becomes jumbled in the mix of the forgotten. Lost. Thrown out. Hid along with the tons of other missing toddler coloring pages and coloring utensils. They are almost certainly gone.
One day I will complete my thought.
One day I will write and post that witty and enjoyable piece.
One day I will make it through my day meeting all the above goals.
But not today- I have to go scream at my children. They are awake and being monsters.
One day I will finish…