Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Friday, August 20, 2010

One Day I Will Finish

Each day I wake up with a number of goals.

1. I will have more patience with my children, especially Addison.

2. I will make it through the day without screaming so loud the entire condo building can hear me (and probably the surrounding houses).

3. I will enjoy our afternoon walk with the dogs rather than yanking them around and getting pissed off at them or the kids.

4. I will not call my husband 50 times, while he is at work, bitching about the spiders.

5. I vow to use words like bitching (and the not so mild words that are part of my vocabulary) less.

6. I will not freak out that the kids have torn apart the nursery- instead I will let them do it and have fun in the process.

7. I will eat a healthy and nutritious meal and maybe exercise a little.

8. I will finish what I am writing for my blog and actually like what I wrote.

One day all of the above will happen; it is just a matter of when that day will be.

I sit down at my lap top and write down my thoughts. I piece everything together and really get moving when all of a sudden they decide naptime is over. I have to stop and entertain two children. Or I have to stop to change a poopie diaper. Help a toddler go potty. Make a bottle. Make lunch or a snack. Take the dogs outside.

My only hope is that when I come back to my computer and open my practically written document I can remember where I was going or what my actual thoughts were.Sometimes it works. Most of the time not.

I have a number of titled and half completed writings on my computer; lovingly started, haphazardly completed. They sit waiting for that moment that I can return to them and finish.

This has happened so frequently that I decided to start writing things down as they come to me. Unfortunately the only tools around the house for me to do this with are colored on sheets of paper, receipts, and crayons.

I write in a flurry as not to leave anything out. All too often that piece of paper becomes jumbled in the mix of the forgotten. Lost. Thrown out. Hid along with the tons of other missing toddler coloring pages and coloring utensils. They are almost certainly gone.

One day I will complete my thought.

One day I will write and post that witty and enjoyable piece.

One day I will make it through my day meeting all the above goals.

But not today- I have to go scream at my children. They are awake and being monsters.

One day I will finish…

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you speak for more of us than you know! Hope you were able to get one of those things done today!

Autumn Bradshaw said...

Maybe we should start up a support group for blogging moms, because I can totally understand what you are going through! Hang in there. I love what you are doing here, and I look forward to reading more of your posts! Take care!
Autumn aka Classic Mommy (:

Liza | @aMusingFoodie said...

Definitely feel the same here - not enough hours in the day sometimes to get things done, let alone write a connected thought in the form of a blogpost!

Liza
http://www.amusingfoodie.com

Anonymous said...

Loved this post. Good luck with all of these! YOU CAN do it!! It's so nice to meet you, thank you for following my blog. I am your newest follower! :) Our kids are the SAME age!!! How cool is that. SO I can totally relate about having to have more patience with our 2 and a half year old's... That can be SO hard. *Sigh. I'm a stay at home momma too and a full time Nursing student. Looking forward to reading more of your blog!!
Have a great day,
Marci

Adriana said...

I can't stop reading your blog, I'm glad you stopped by.I'm your newest follower!

Suzanna ~ Mon Tresor said...

Hi, new blog follower here. And boy do I understand what you mean. Its hard, not enough hours in the day but you 'can do it'. I look forwward to reading your posts.
~Suzanna
www.montresorblog.blogspot.com