Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Monday, August 2, 2010

So this is me and MY Three Little Quirks…

So I am new to blogging and have joined a number of sites. While going through some blogs and reading I found this challenge. I was working on a new post similar to this. What prompted the post was a conversation with some of my girlfriends.

One asked “so what is your thing?” Me: “My thing?” Her: “Yes, your thing, the one thing you always have to do or have done.” I looked at her and laughed. I said: “Just one?” as my two closest girlfriend laughed…

I do have many quirks (more than three) but to save face we will leave it at my three biggest quirks…

I am a perfectionist… I know that is very broad… but if you knew mw you would understand! Perfectionism is a belief that work or output that is anything less than perfect is unacceptable. Yes, this is me. My house is clean and yes, I have three dogs, three cats and two children under the age of three (2 ½ years and 10 months to be exact) and my house stays clean. I vacuum, swiffer and mop the floors everyday(sometimes more than once)… This would be my first quirk.

I do not leave dishes in the sink or hand washed dishes on the counter- they are washed, dried and put away or put in the dishwasher after each meal. I hate dishes in the sink! I guess that would be my second quirk.

(After posting this my mom loving called to remind me of my microwave. For this purpose we will include my microwave quirk with the dishes. They are all located in the kitchen so it seems appropriate. My microwave quirk: I hate a dirty microwave. We have lived in our condo for 2 ½ years and my microwave looks as though it did on the day we moved in (it was brand new). I wipe It down after every use and the front is wiped down anytime I am in the kitchen).

The Nursery… The nursery being a mess drives me crazy! I know I have two children, they play, they drag out every toy and they play. To quote everyone who comes into my house “it is a nursery it is supposed to be a mess”…I ask why? Why can’t I teach my daughter that if she is finished playing with a toy to put it away before taking out a new one?! So that is what I have done. But on most occasions you will find me scooting behind the two little room destructors and cleaning their path of terror. If I know we are having company the nursery will be completely cleaned five minutes before your arrival… I guess this is my third quirk.

Along with being a perfectionist I am what people call a “control freak”. My husband, daughter, son (if he could talk), sister and two closest friends would vouch for that! I know there are days when I drive them insane. What is amazing is that they all see through these quirks and love me for me!

Let's make things a little fun... In addition to my quirks and my control issues, I have a phobia… I am terrified of spiders. Not just ewww I don’t like those things- oh no, I am not walking anywhere I know a spider to be or have been.

The problem with this is I live in spider central in So. Florida. Of all placee my husband and I decided to move. It was fine until we started to settle in then all of these unwanted house guest began to make themselves known; mostly in the nursery.

One morning I opened the blinds only to find a web strung in between them. Nursery was closed and my daughter moved in our room. Well, we finally got the spider situation under control in the house.

While walking the dogs one summer morning I happened to look up and there he was. A massive spider; I freaked and we ran inside. Yes, summer months are the season for our Golden Orb Spiders...hideous they are!

So now as we walk the dogs our path is the same during the summer months… we walk out to the side walk to a tiny patch of grass, not under any tree and the nearest spider is 10 feet away. I like to know where they are without being next to them (this season, where the ONE was last year, there are 30!).

I am sure you are all thinking this is NUMBER FOUR and yes, it probably is… but let’s just stick with the three.

This is just me...

4 comments:

thepunkrockmom said...

Haha! Love this post. I admire your neatness! I try to be like that daily, but at the end of the day there are always a few dishes in the sink and some toys here and there (but we don't have a dish washer, so I guess I will say that is a half excuse! LOL!)
And I understand about the Golden Orb spiders. We just moved from St. Pete recently.
Thx for following my blog! The favor has been returned! :)
<3MaryAnne

Jennie Yuen said...

Following you back from Bloggy Moms. Thanks for the message. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Your kids are adorable.

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, can I adopt you? Right now my house is a disaster! I am trying to go through everything so we can get organised to move and that means the girls have just gone nuts in other areas of the house. I would love to clean it all up, but I can barely walk right now.
I bet your husband likes that you have very clean quirks :)

Jackie Higgins said...

I also scoot behind my kids picking up. I feel like if the house ever gets out of my control, I will never get it back. I have taught my 2 year old to play with a tub of toys and then put them away. I figure if he has the stick-with-it-ness to pull out all of the toys, he can have the stick-with-it-ness to put them back. he loves cleaning up right now so it's not a challenge!