Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Where They go to Die & Day 61. 304 Days Left.

Welcome to Surviving Motherhood.
The place bloggy awards go to die.

I am not an ungrateful person. Rather, I am a stay at home mommy of two wild toddlers who keep me busy. When I do have the chance to sit and read or write something, I am a bit, dare I say, lazy. I have gone months without posting. I most days lack the time, energy or creativity to keep up with the bloggyverse.

I have to admit, when I first began blogging and was trying to build my readership, I posted and followed the rules to every award. Then I got lazy and decided I really did not have the time or the ambition to search through bloggyland for newbies to pass along awards.

Am I really alone?

After all, how many of us can say we actually go back to visit or read post from the people we award… I don’t.

I have a handful of blogs I read- not religiously- but when I have a few. It is difficult to keep up with my blog let alone the gazillion others out there.
So I am going to finally accept the award that was giving to me in December with the hopes that no one ever sends me another award or tags me in another game. Ever. If you do decided to hand over one of those awards, don’t be hurt if you never receive the appropriate thanks and it certainly will not be passed along.

So thank you, Tricia from mom is the only girl for passing along the stylish blogger award. I am much honored you think my blog is “stylish” enough to award. I do visit your blog frequently but just never got around to actually accepting the award.
_____________________________________________________________

Day 61

Watching Bambi


shit…Bambi’s mother dies. How do you forget something like that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find myself having the same issues with keeping up with the bloggy world! Thanks for putting it into words. BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of your son on the pillow. Such a cute photo.

Regarding Bambi.....I grew up watching that movie.....don't have any sort of tramatized memories of thinking that my mommy was going to die on me. If anything I think it brought to light that I should appreciate that I still have my mommy (in a toddler/kid brain at least). My SISTERS name is Bambi~so she did have issues with people telling her "I killed your mom" etc....(I know messed up)~but she "too" was never really effected by it....she is a very very strong woman...and we knew our mommy was there....in fact...most of the time she would watch the movie with us...sorry for the long message....