Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Monday, September 20, 2010

Go, You Be Back & Day 17. 348 Days Left

Declares my almost three year old. She has decided that using the bathroom requires privacy.

Great, so how does that work? Where is my privacy? I can not recall the last time I used the bathroom or showered alone.

Using the bathroom is like a secret mission. I mouth the word and sign shower to the hubby. I sneak into the bathroom and no sooner I hear mommy what you doing? Mommy is going potty. Oh, you going poopies? Yes, mommy is going potty. This typically buys me just enough time to undress and quietly slide the shower doors open. But all three (yes, the hubby included) are conditioned to hear the shower door; apparently the noise from the shower door opening is a dog whistle. They come running. She opens the door; Mommy you take a shower? I come too. By now she is stripped down, Jackson is pushing her out of the way trying to crawl in clothes and all meanwhile, the hubby stands there just happy to get a peek.

Even pre-children showering alone was difficult. The hubby was then as bad as the kids are now. I guess that is why we have two children.

I relish the day I can say to all three Go, you be back. Until they fully understand, I will be showering and using the potty with an audience.
..........................................................

Day 17

Our condo pet. A duck that lives on the second floor. We venture to see her when ever we have the opportunity. Daddy was home so Addison and I were able to sneak out.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ah, the joys of children and toileting/bathroom time! My 3 year old has also just decided that going to the toilet requires privacy. FOR HER. If I am in there, she stands there and cheers me doing a wee... fun. Showers aren't too much of an issue (with the kids) as I have one when they're in bed at night, it's my husband that's the problem!

Kimberly said...

Ahhhh...I just reminiced about pooping alone...and we're back.

Hee hee. I totally agree with you on this one. Privacy is all out the window. Everyone wants a piece of Momma! LOL!!