Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Crafty & Day 83. 282 Days Left.

Today I decided to let Addison forgo naptime with Jackson for a little craft time with mommy.

We have had such a busy week with traveling and numerous doctor appointments; I thought I would give her a break in routine, especially with all the” lay down it is naptime” and “no’s” I throw at her.

What we did...

I found Easter egg pintables and had an idea for craft time fun; an Easter egg tree. I printed the eggs and Addison colored them.

I traced her hand down to her wrist onto a piece of construction paper which she colored brown (we were out of brown). I cut out the hand print and we glued it onto another piece of construction paper. This is our tree trunk.


While Addison was adding a sun, flowers, clouds, grass and gluing the tree trunk I was busy cutting out her colored eggs.


Once I finished cutting out the eggs, I had her glue them onto the tree limbs.

Her finished masterpiece.




I loved spending one on one time together and seeing her face light up as she hung her picture on the frig.

That hour, amazing- even though now, at 11pm, she is an overtired monster refusing to go to bed.

Have you done any crafts with your children lately? What are their favorites?
___________________________________________________________

Day 79

baking cookies



No comments: