Pages

Sweet-Pea Baby Cakes

http://sweetpeababycakes.shutterfly.com// The place for Diaper Cakes-the perfect baby shower gift for any mommy-to-be...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A driver’s aide & Day 89. 276 Days Left.

I have a problem. Well, it's not so much a problem for me as it seems to be a problem for the person sitting in the driver's seat; the hubby...

I'm a backseat driver.

It's an affliction I just can't seem to control. I feel this compulsion to help the driver the hubby by aiding him with helpful suggestions and warning gasps. I choose to view it more as being a driver's aide than a backseat driver.


A trip from point A to B will typically sounds much like this…

Me: "We need to be in the left lane."
Hubby: Than you drive.

Me: "That stoplight up ahead is red."
Hubby: Do you want to drive?

Me: "Are we this close to that car's bumper because you like the smell of exhaust fumes?"
Hubby: You can drive next time.

Me: “Why don't we get around this car.”
Hubby: Gives the "shut-up" look
Me: "Unless you like going 30 miles an hour."
Hubby: You know what… you are driving home.

Me: “Don’t change lanes now, there is a semi-truck… I don’t like being next to them.”
Hubby: If you can drive better than why are you not driving?

Me: “Is there a reason we are not going the speed limit?”
Hubby: Really? Every time?

Me: “I would have taken the other street.”
Hubby: I am going to pull the fucking car over and you drive!

Me: "Well, we are here now."

What he doesn’t seem to understand is that I am just being constructive and offering help. The problem is not always him… it is mostly the other douchebags cars I fear. We are, after all, traveling with precious cargo and I am just taking extra precautions. Extra percautions because these other douchebags cars on the road go fast. They go very, very fast. And I am a mom. I am a mom that worries about everything; especially when it comes to my children.

So for now, I will continue to aide those transporting my precious cargo.

Do you do anything that drives your loved ones crazy?
___________________________________________________________

Day 89

Little Boys+Trucks= Pure Joy




4 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

So funny! I think we are back-seat driving twins. I wrote a very similar post last month. I am also an aid, just trying to assist. I can't fathom why my husband doesn't appreciate that.

I love the photos--very sweet!

Skye said...

Hmmm. I think the thing that drive my husband nuts is when I nudge him at night while he is sleeping b/c he is snoring too loud. ALthough I guess that goes along with things that drive me nuts too LOL

Tammi P. said...

I am the same way and it drives my husband nuts! http://purposelyparenting.blogspot.com/

mommysankey said...

@Grumpy Grateful mom- I just read your post and at least you can wait FIVE minutes before saying something... perhaps I should try keeping my head down eyes closed.

@Skye- my hubby hates that he is woken- everynight- by a nudge to roll over on his side... the nudge than turns into a pat, a kick, a punch on the arm until he usually leaves and I shout "take the damn snoring pug with you"... I feel you there with the snoring.

@Tammi- thanks for the comment... I think men pride themselves on how "perfect" they drive and to hear us "nag" about how "less than perfect" their driving really is- well, it drives them nuts.