Every couple of weeks I set out on a mission. My sole goal: de-clutter. I pack bags full of clothes that have not see the light of day in months and toys that have not been brought from the bottom of toy boxes for fresh air; they are donated and out of my house. forever.
This obsession began in my childhood. I was a slob. Lazy. Disgusting.
My idea of putting my junk away was shoving it in a drawer and what would not fit shoved under my bed. My sister and I shared a room and this drove her nuts. She would come home and throw all my crap on top of my bed. I was a repeat offender so most of my childhood I never saw the top of my bed.
Fast forward to today. Now most aspects of my life are clutter free. I do a pretty good job of staying on top of the messes my hubby and toddlers make. But every one has a dumping ground; and I think, three years later, I have found mine.
I have mentioned in previous post of my diaper bag packing champ status. Perhaps this is why. I have everything imaginable in here.
2. Old Navy sunglasses… I lose or break a pair once a month.
3. cutest foe-zipper turquoise clutch wallet by Xhilaration for Target.
4. non glitz and glamour cell phone.
5. Huggies moist wipes. Needed for sticky fingers and dirty little butts.
6. diapers for Jackson and extra Pull-Ups and undies for Addison. I have learned. The hard way.
7. travel sippy cups. Buzz Lightyear and Dora. because obviously.
8. Munchkin no-mess snack container filled with our favorite Plum Organics Super Puffs and dried fruits.
9. sunscreen SPF 50+ for those spontaneous park days. Apply and repeat.
10. cute lil’ froggie notebook , happy meal stencil and assortment of color pencils, pens and crayons for Addison while in the car… and for mommy to jot down all my crazy ideas that come at crazy times.
11. extra camera and back-up battery which may or may not be charged… I am a pathological picture taker and refuse to miss any perfect moment.
12. tissues. Toddlers need I say more.
13. lip gloss and chapstick. My go to lipgloss: L’OREAL colour juice in raspberry mash- yum!
14. NIVEA hand cream … a must have. I am a cuticle picker- can’t let them get dry.
15. REVLON nail polish in Amber. Mommy with two toddlers therefore always in need of touch-ups.
16. miscellaneous hair ties Addison pulls out long before we reach our destination.
17. lollies I use for bribery while in the supermarket or any other public place.
18. Napkins from Mc D’s, DD’s and Starbucks from the various stops for Happy Meals and iced coffees.
19. first aid at its best. Toy Story band-aids, children’s Neosporin, Infant Pain Relief and Benadryl (which I will forever carry since the bee incident).
20. hand sanitizer. Again toddlers one of which is a thumb sucker and another potty trained.
21. Plum Organics: tots mish mashes… love. love. love. Jackson agrees.
22. various tags and wrappers from new friends and snacks which have been opened, before check out, to prevent meltdowns; or new DVD’s opened for the car ride home.
23. a kazoo- which landed in the trash just after writing this post and bubbles to distract Jackson.
24. these adorable strawberries transform into reusable bags. I got them from a vendor while at a children’s event over Easter. They are awesome.
Perhaps this is why the counter tops have been change free.
Best part about this post… my diaper bag is clean!
Have you done a what‘s in my bag post?
If so add your link to my comments… I would love to take a peek.